Built in the 1920s, Marquette Park features a number of historic structures, such as the Marquette Park Pavilion and the Gary Bathing Beach Aquatorium, the Father Marquette Monument and a Japanese-style footbridge. The park also includes walking paths, special event areas, roads, beaches, a small watercraft launch and several eco-systems unique to the Lake Michigan shoreline.
For this complex and comprehensive restoration, Skillman created a dynamic plan for design, bidding and construction that managed the overall budget through multiple bid phases, expedited the schedule by overlapping construction phases and ultimately accomplished the park’s goal to recreate a historically significant, public resource for the City of Gary. In 2014, Marquette Park was awarded the Cook Cup for Outstanding Restoration.
- The Skillman Corporation is excited to partner with the @CarmelLib on ... More
- The Skillman Corporation is proud to have been a Title Sponsor at this ... More
- Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! https://t.co/M9I2S2hw01
- The Skillman Corporation participated in the 21st Annual MSBO Facility ... More
- New Albany-Floyd County Consolidated School Corporation held a Rededic ... More