Built in the 1920s, Marquette Park features a number of historic structures, such as the Marquette Park Pavilion and the Gary Bathing Beach Aquatorium, the Father Marquette Monument and a Japanese-style footbridge. The park also includes walking paths, special event areas, roads, beaches, a small watercraft launch and several eco-systems unique to the Lake Michigan shoreline.
For this complex and comprehensive restoration, Skillman created a dynamic plan for design, bidding and construction that managed the overall budget through multiple bid phases, expedited the schedule by overlapping construction phases and ultimately accomplished the park’s goal to recreate a historically significant, public resource for the City of Gary. In 2014, Marquette Park was awarded the Cook Cup for Outstanding Restoration.
- Phase One demolition has officially started at Northridge Middle Schoo ... More
- Franklin Elementary School students gathered for a ground breaking cer ... More
- The New Lincoln Middle School in Plymouth, Indiana is under constructi ... More
- Skillman proudly participated in the Carmel High School Skilled Trades ... More
- Congratulations to our Project Manager, Tony Heath, who celebrated his ... More