The new 48,350 square-foot West Chester Library features energy efficient and sustainable design practices, including extensive natural lighting, on-site rain gardens, rain water reclamation, and high-albedo membrane roofing to reduce “heat island effect”. The serpentine design maximizes the use of internal spaces and provides dramatic views of adjacent water features and park area. Visitors can enjoy the multiple study/meeting rooms, including an 850 square-foot community room, and exterior plazas and learning environments during the warmer months.
Skillman's assistance during the design and estimating process to keep the project within budget and on schedule was excellent. Skillman provided cost-saving value engineering of the building design and recommended breaking the project into two phases to take advantage of the competitive economic trends. Their efforts on behalf of West Chester reduced the cost of the project without compromising the value of the project.
- Gordon M. Perry, P.E., Community Services Director | West Chester Township
- The Skillman Corporation is proud to be awarded the contract for the n ... More
- The Hendricks County Bank and Trust Company opened the doors for busin ... More
- Site Demolition has begun at the new West Lafayette Wellness and Aquat ... More
- Congratulations to Debbie Oliver, Office Manager in our Merrillville o ... More